Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Book of the Week: Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz

I wanted to like this book, but I don't. It's a mixture of two annoying ( and popular) types of teen books to me: books about cliques and vampires. As a young adult librarian, I'm required to read a vampire book, and Twilight's super checked out, so I'm reading this. Maybe it's because I don't like supernatural vampire/fairy/ hobbit stories unless they're Harry Potter or Thirsty by M.T. Anderson good, but this book just doesn't grab me. It's a sequel, so I'm really confused about why the Blue Bloods hate the Silver Bloods and I sure can't tell Bliss from Schuyler. Maybe I'm too old to get it, but Masquerade is a book I can't wait to finish, so I can read something a bit more realistic and easier to understand. If you liked the book, especially teens, please e-mail me at ya_rgpl@yahoo.com or comment below and tell me why you like Blue Bloods, Twilight, Gossip Girl, or any book like that. Maybe I'll change my mind about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment