Friday, April 3, 2009

Mario Kart Tournament Wins with Kids!/ Why do people like Twilight?

Thanks to all the kids who showed up for the tournament and to play Guitar Hero Metallica! Pictures will be up soon, I promise. I know I haven't done my Book of the Week in a while, but I've been busy with gaming and adult books ( Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell is meh, The Defining Moment by Jonathan Alter is great), but I am reading Twilight for a book club discussion and it's mediocre at best. I can see why teens girls swoon over Edward Cullen, but should girls fall in love with an obsessive vampire? Maybe I'm wrong or judging too soon, but it's no great literature, like Octavian Nothing and it's not even great fun trash like Gossip Girl. Can you Twilight fans tell me why you love the books so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment