Saturday, April 4, 2009

Video Games Good for Your Eyes?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16857-shoot-em-up-video-games-are-good-for-your-eyesight.html

I'm sure you've heard about this, but I can definitely see the benefits of video games. Even shooter games like Halo require you to think and have good strategy skills. Games like DDR are good exercise, and Guitar Hero really requires good hand-eye coordination. I used to hate video games, too, but after playing them with kids at the library and seeing how hard it is to play them( for an old person like me, anyway), I'm a convert. Just as listening to Marilyn Manson didn't make me a devil-worshipper, violent video games don't make a kid violent if they know the difference between fantasy and reality. As I've learned, you have to play the games with the kids to see that video games aren't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment