Monday, January 26, 2009

Are Wii Games Not Meeting Their Potential?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-the-wii-failing-to-meet-its-potential-/1281752

This article is about Wii games not " living up to their potential'', but I don't get it. If games are popular, does it matter if they're good? Paul Blart: Mall Cop is the number one movie, but it's not very good. ( Though I haven't seen the movie, I think I can safely assume it won't win any Oscars). On a subject I'm familiar with, music, there are people who like Soulja Boy, a popular, but not brilliant, rapper. I don't really care for his music, I wish people would listen to Lupe Fiasco more, but if other people like it, fine. People like silly movies, games, and songs. One person's " bad'' game may be brilliant to another person. It's all a matter of opinion. When "critically acclaimed'' games sell more, Wii and Nintendo will make more. Just as with movies and music, the only thing that matters is what people will buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment